Testimonials from Guests
Another great visit to Digger's! All the best - until next time!
- Jan Henderson, 2018 Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White
My first visit but not my last! Thank you for a wonderful 8 days. Magic!
- Fi Jonhson, 2018 Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White
A totally different experience to NZ! Wouldn't have missed it for anything. Thanks for all the above and beyond that made it a super experience.
- Claire O'Rourke, Kimberley Horse Riding Week for Women 2018
Ditto to all of the above. Brilliant outback experience.
- Kathy T, Kimberley Horse Riding Week for Women 2018
So very well looked after by Andrew and Rach. Alida, you are a great cook. A no fuss holiday and riding experience in a very quiet environment and we saw so many places that other tourists wouldn't.
- Merri Meares, Kimberley Horse Riding Week for Women 2018
Thank you to everyone at Digger's for a fantastic week.
- Jenny Mason, Kimberley Horse Riding Week for Women 2018
Thank you to everyone at Digger's for an amazing experience. Met some really nice people and shared some good stories.
- Di Hurst, Kimberley Horse Riding Week for Women 2018
Pretty much a beginner when I started the photography workshop a week ago, I feel like I have learned heaps in the last few days. The workshop was relaxed with everyone able to work at their own level. Bewley patiently gave me just the right instruction to provide a springboard for on-going learning. Thanks Rachel & Andrew for providing this wonderful experience in a unique and beautiful environment
- Majella Lynch, Kimberley Photo Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2018
Many thanks to Andrew & Rachel for providing a superb relaxed and well organized adventure. Lots of fun and laughter all the way with care and safety in mind. Bewley has inspired many exciting photographic opportunities with tips to create the best image. Thank you. Finally our hosts Alida and Roderick allowed us to experience a unique environment in comfort with fabulous food. Merci!
- Michelle Thomas, Kimberley Photo Adventure with Bewley Shaylor 2018
A rank newby! Not a photographer at all! Great food and company. Thanks Alida, Roderick, Rachel & Andrew! Got half a beanie knitted!!
- Melanie Huysmans, Kimberley Photo Adventure with Bewley Shaylor 2018
I can hardly believe it's been a month since I went up north. A lifetime in a month, it seems. The first words I wrote at the retreat were ... I head off walking in someone else's footsteps, and return, in mine.
The words came from somewhere deep within me. I could not process this and was bewildered the words moved those present. The backstory became clearer as the days went on. The days of the retreat were a journey.
I could not have asked for better fellow travellers in the group and at Diggers Rest. The first words I read at the retreat, was the first time I heard my voice, in 16 years. I am no longer dry eyed. No longer silent. I thank you for making this possible. On The Verandah, a tightly wound pen unfurled. I came as a stranger and left with family.
- Dawn, Kimberley Writer's Retreat, 2017
I went to the writer's retreat last year and it was an amazing adventure. The landscape was incredible.
I couldn't recommend a more mind-expanding experience. Anyone who wants inspiration would love the atmosphere. I loved sharing my poems and yarns around the campfire and listening to the other songs and stories.
Nandi Chinna, the writing teacher is running another retreat in May - she is really good at getting people in touch with their creativity. The people who run the retreats couldn't be nicer or more easy going. Why not treat your self to a great satisfying experience?
- Claudette, Kimberley Writer's Retreat, 2017
Just the right amounts of comfort mixed with the rustic, made to feel special and welcomed against a background of rural working life. A very unique experience.
- Amanda & Justin Hocking, 2017 Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White
What an amazing experience Alida and her crew delivered. I came to Digger’s Rest because of On The Verandah Photography workshop which delivered everything it promised. Rachel and Andrew were a great team and Bewley, our photography tutor was a delight, giving everyone the time they needed to help with their own work, not as many do just demonstrating with their own work. The surprise though was the whole experience at Digger’s Rest, from the Wwoofers, the horse team, the horses, dogs, goats and bowerbird. The bush huts were an ‘immersive’ way to experience being in the bush whilst providing the creature comforts. Gold star experience. Thank you all.
- Lynn Jenkin, Kimberley Photo Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2017
Another great stay at D.R. Coupled with Judith’s workshop it all adds up to an unforgettable time. As usual we were well looked after. Cheers and best wishes.
- Jan Henderson, 2017 Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White
What a great experience at Digger’s Rest and a wonderful immersion in art with Judith. I especially enjoyed the curries! It has been a privilege to stay at Digger’s and enjoy your hospitality.
- Claire Dippert, 2017 Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White
Thanks Roderick and Alida for a wonderful week. The warmth and relaxed atmosphere are a joy to experience.
- Kerry Dunne, 2017 Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White
Yet another great week at Digger’s Rest. Thank you for everything that you all have done to give us this great experience.
- Cathryn Dixon, 2017 Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White
This photography workshop was everything I was hoping for: loads of opportunities to extend one’s photographic range without regimentation but Bewley always available to help if needed. Everyone was really helpful with Lightroom photo processing too. Special thanks to Andrew and Rachel for their hard work and relaxed organisation. Their pleasure in the work was contagious and a congenial group made for a great experience.
- Meredith Briggs, Kimberley Photo Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2017
A wonderful experience of a totally different way of life. One of the most harmonious groups I’ve had the privilege to be part of, everyone accepting and helpful. Great work from Andrew and Rachel with the logistics; Bewley is the first tutor I’ve come across who doesn’t take his own photos all the time and gave 110% to the processing sessions. Great food and companionship.
- Carol Hall, Kimberley Photo Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2017
Fantastic experience. Good pacing, always varied, interesting and versatile. Thanks a lot.
- Bev Hewitt, Kimberley Photo Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2017
Great trip, great location, great group. The early morning and late afternoon shoots with time off on the middle of the day really worked. Felt part of station life with access to the staff and horses. Everyone from Rachel and Andrew, and Bewley to the station people were fantastic.
- Helen Newnham, Kimberley Photo Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2017
Andrew and Rachel, it was a wonderful week. Thank you for your generosity and sharing your knowledge. Will certainly recommend the photography workshop. Thank you also to Bewley for being so patient with us all, some more than others and I take my hat off to you. Will miss the frogs.
- Gayle Tout, Kimberley Photo Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2017
Fantastic week, even with 37 degrees for two days in a row (which we weren’t aware of!!) Job well done Andrew and Rachel and our master photographer, Bewley. Learnt heaps and saw magnificent landscape and scenery. The boulders and rocks are something to remember. Great experience thank you!
- Nola Kelsey, Kimberley Photo Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2017
Thank you for your generosity and welcome. The country and Digger’s Rest provided a perfectly evocative setting for our writer’s group. It has been profound. Digger’s Rest makes what you don’t know far more important than what you do.
- Nandi Chinna, tutor, Kimberley Writer's Retreat, 2017
R & A! A & R! The A Team delivered in spades. Thank you immeasurably.
- John Camillo, Kimberley Writer's Retreat, 2017
I came and conquered my fear and felt the pain. It was worth it. Loved every minute of it. The day I turned seventy.
- Claudette Mounty, Kimberley Writer's Retreat, 2017
Amazing, wonderful! Can't believe how much there is to see
and do. Wonderful hosts, every one of you. Best week of my life, never want to leave, thank you. I will definitely be back! - Susie, Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White, 2016
I shall remember wide skies, wide smiles, endless laughter, endless horizons and new friends. Many thanks to Rachel and Andrew who have soooo much knowledge on the local area and thank you to Nada for her fabulous art instruction. - Jann, Kimberley Art Workshop with Nada Murphy, 2016
I knew in the days following my 2015 On The Verandah Photography Adventure on Diggers’ Rest Station I would be returning to this amazing part of the Kimberley. My sister Coral and I spent 6 wonderful days at the Station. We loved the station life, being part of the station family (including the back packers) – joining them for meals and conversation, feeding animals and being surrounded by the stunning scenery of the East Kimberley's. One may ask, why return to take photos of the same place? However, no matter how often you return to a site you will see things differently – the time, the light, the season all have a bearing on the results.
- Judith Williams, Kimberley Photo Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2016
Had an awesome time. Met great people and had a heap of fun. Could look at the ranges for hours. Will miss the night sky.
- Helen, Kimberley Women's Adventure, 2016
Truly beautiful, peaceful place to come to. Many thanks for allowing us to visit. Amazing landscape. Great location for an art week shared with likeminded people. We've made great friendships. Thanks to Alida and Roderick, Rachel and Andrew for your fabulous company. Thanks for finding Nada.
- Heather, Kimberley Art Workshop with Nada Murphy, 2016
Beautiful country and people. Thanks to Rachel, Andrew
Alida and Roderick, for their generosity, knowledge and for sharing the special locations on Digger's Rest. Art camp has been fabulous, new friends, much laughter and maybe some new found skills thanks to Nada. It has taken me 59 years to reach the Kimberley - and I will be back soon!
- Danelle, Kimberley Art Workshop with Nada Murphy, 2016
Just loved my week here at the time of my retirement, whilst learning new skills, painting, drawing, and being crafty - loved the company, our art teacher, Nada and all the wonderful staff led by Alida and Rod. Fantastic scenery. Delicious food!
- Annabelle, Kimberley Art Workshop with Nada Murphy, 2016
Enjoyed the relaxation of it, being away from society and the news. The weather's been great. Great getting to know everyone around the campfire and the art - Nada has been very good.
- Sue, Kimberley Art Workshop with Nada Murphy, 2016
I have loved every day and night of art camp at Digger's Rest. Highlights include camping at Digger's Creek and seeing the dawn above tree height, nights around the campfire. Thanks to Rachel, Andrew, Nada for the art camp and to Alida, Roderick and crew for the hospitality and incredible care and friendship. A holiday break for the memory bank.
- Stephanie, Kimberley Art Workshop with Nada Murphy, 2016
Fantastic spot to see. It has been a wonderful place to stay
and see how you live in the Kimberley. Thanks for including us in your homestead. The scenery is magnificent.
- Kerry, Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White, 2016
Thank you for a great stay in a wonderful place!
- Catherine, Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White, 2016
Going home to clean the sinuses! Great time and thanks to all for your support and friendship.
- Quita and Gladys, Kimberley Women's Adventure, 2016
A great experience. Wonderful country and wonderful people.
- Gwen, Kimberley Women's Adventure, 2016
Peaceful. Beautiful. Fab skies.
- Jenny, Kimberley Women's Adventure, 2016
- Tamara, Kimberley Women's Adventure, 2016
Fantastic time here with my budding Monets, Picasso and company. Thank you so much for the great hospitality.
- Nada, Tutor, Kimberley Art Workshop, 2016
How can you describe paradise? Such a wonderful country. Thanks for sharing. I have wonderful memories and I am sure I will be back.
- Jackie, Kimberley Artist's Adventure with Nada Murphy, 2015
Thank you for a fantastic week of creative art On The Verandah @ Digger's. Wonderful hospitality, fantastic food and breathtaking scenery. This is truly and inspiring and spiritual place to experience.
- Karen Walsh, Kimberley Art Adventure with Judith White, 2015
Bliss. Wonderful company. Wonderful, wonderful country.
- Jan Mackenzie, Kimberley Art Adventure with Nada Murphy, 2015
OMG! Heaven must be here. Thank you Alida, Roderick for your hospitality, Rachel, Andrew and Woofas – thank you!
- Christel Walsh, Kimberley Art Adventure with Nada Murphy, 2015
What a wonderful experience. Fantastic! Thank you to everyone here. The beauty here is extraordinary. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- Julie Glenn, Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White, 2015
An amazing wonderful landscape. Inspirational. Many thanks to all the team at Digger’s for such a fun and interesting time spent with you. All the best for your future adventures.
- Heather Wehl, Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White, 2015
Wonderful group of artists, all enjoying fantastic hospitality. Lots of laughs. Wonderful country.
– Nada Murphy, Kimberley Art Tutor, 2015
Great experience. Thank you.
- Rochelle, Kimberley Art Adventure with Nada Murphy, 2015
Thank you so much. It has been 100% fantastic. Many thanks Alida, Roderick, Rachel and Andrew for being such wonderful hosts.
- Penny, Kimberley Art Adventure with Nada Murphy, 2015
My stay on Digger’s Rest and being part of the On The Verandah Photographic Adventure (and it truly was an adventure) in a most amazing part of our great state will be in my memory for a long time. Kununurra has been on my “must visit” list for many years, and to combine a tourist experience with the Photography aspect couldn’t have been a better way to achieve my goal. To make it even better was having you, Andrew, Bewley, Roger and Simon to share with. Such fun, and being part of the family life at Digger’s was very special.
- Judith Williams, Kimberley Photography Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2015
Immersion in the East Kimberley an enriching experience. Best wishes.
- Jan Henderson, Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White, 2015
Wow! What an experience! I’m returning to the inner city grunge totally refreshed. Many thanks.
- Judith White, Tutor, Kimberley Art Workshop, 2015
A fantastic experience. Thank you so much for sharing your home and life with us Alida and Roderick. Rachel and Andrew thank you for organising a great time.
– Liz, Kimberley Art Adventure with Nada Murphy, 2015
Everything was just perfect, the welcoming people, the delicious food, the accommodation and the spectacular scenery. Thanks to Bewley for your photographic expertise and great sense of humour. This has been an amazing experience for me, bringing back memories from my past and giving me new friendships to take into the future. I cannot properly express my gratitude to you all for making my holiday a truly memorable experience. I look forward to returning in the near future and catching up with you all again.
- TC Nguyen, Kimberley Photography Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2014.
What a fantastic place this is. Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality and allowing me to photograph the station life. This trip will stay in my memory forever.
- Joanna McGrow, Kimberley Photography Adventure with Bewley Shaylor 2014.
Many thanks for looking after us so well. It has been a week full of interest and enjoyment. Best wishes to you all.
- Margot Goodall, Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White, 2015
A magic week. So many adventures in this wonderful part of Australia. Thank you for all that you have done to make the week fantastic.
- Cathryn Dixon, Kimberley Art Adventure with Nada Murphy, 2015
A most fascinating, wonderful area, with great support by Andrew and Rachel. Painting paradise for me.
- Jane, Kimberley Art Workshop with Judith White, 2015
Absolutely mind-blowing! The most stunning location. The advantage of having two locals who know all the best places to go to at the right time of day. An absolute must for a keen photographer. The hospitality shown by Alida and Roderick is unsurpassed. Add the always willing to help with a smile Rachel and Andrew of “On The Verandah” who offer the ultimate artistic and photographic Kimberley experience. Thank you everyone. Awesome!
- Carol Darby, Kimberley Photography Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2014 www.caroldarby.com/blog
A truly memorable trip in the best possible way. I’ll be back. Carol and Jo knocked the socks off the scenery with their photos.
- Greg Foulds, Kimberley Photography Adventure with Bewley Shaylor, 2014.
Reviews & Articles
Click to read Carol Darby's article in The West
On the Verandah
Kimberley Creative Adventures
R Dillon and A Kikeros
ABN 77 685 780 283
PO Box 716
Mob 0428 254 529
Phone 08 9388 1513
Tourism Accreditation No: