2023 Kimberley Watercolour Workshop
With Jude Scott, July 19 - 25
PLEASE NOTE: this website is still being updated for 2023
Just the right amounts of comfort mixed with the rustic, made to feel special and welcomed against a background of rural working life.
A very unique experience! - Amanda & Justin Hocking
A very unique experience! - Amanda & Justin Hocking
- 6 night's accommodation at Digger's Rest
- All meals at the station, morning and afternoon teas
- Art tuition on five days
- Airport transfers and all transport during the workshop
- Proven itinerary and locations to inspire creativity
- Insider access to special non-touristy locations
- Scenic, cultural and historic locations
- Knowledgeable guides, capable 4WD drivers
- Air conditioned 4WD transport
- Minimal time spent in vehicles
- Your own work space in our "Bush Studio" under the verandahs (table, chair and space per guest)
- Opportunity to try Barramundi fishing
- For early risers, Billy tea by the fire
- All permits and passes to wilderness areas/parks
- Champagne welcome & farewell
- End of week exhibition of artworks, and party
- Discounts for returning guests and couples
- All itinerary activities are included
- Flights to and from Kununurra
- If needed, stop-over accommodation in Darwin, Broome or Kununurra
- Your alcohol order
- Mandatory Travel insurance
- Your art materials
- Some off site meals due to being in transit*
- *Some meals are not included due to you being in transit. For example, breakfast and lunch on day 1. Also lunch and dinner on day 7 will need to be purchased by the guest.
Where will you be based?
You will be based at Digger's Rest Station in the east Kimberley, about 2 hours from Kununurra. Digger's Rest is a working cattle station where you'll meet a cast of colourful characters and experience an authentic slice of Australia few Australians ever see. You'll travel in comfort, venturing "off the beaten track" into wilderness areas not open to the public.
This workshop is best suited to -
Those wishing to learn watercolour painting or extend their skills in a unique, remote landscape. Maximum guests 10.
While our itinerary would not be considered physically demanding or strenuous, the Kimberley environment is challenging because of the potential for hot and/or humid days and higher than normal levels of glare and exposure. You'll need to have a good level of fitness for your own comfort and enjoyment.
Escape winter -
July is peak dry season in the Kimberley, so expect warm, dry days with max daytime temps of 35 and night time minimums could get as low as 10 degrees C but more commonly are around 16. Rain is possible but unusual.
The 6 nights will be spent at Digger's Rest where you have a choice of accommodation in a Bush Hut or Bunkhouse Room.
Bush Hut - Bush Huts have a double bed, verandah, mosquito net, toilet, fan, cool shower, powerpoint, light, towels and linen.
Perks of a Bush Hut - peaceful, views, visiting wallabies, authentic Kimberley experience. (Hot showers are a short walk away in the ammenities block.)
Bunkhouse room - Each of the two bunkhouse rooms are usually shared by two guests each (unless 3 or 4 friends request to share).
Each bunkhouse room has a double bed plus one or two single beds, air conditioning, overhead fans, towels, linen. The bunkhouse has a shared bathroom with toilet and hot shower. Perks of the Bunkhouse - spacious, air conditioned, large verandahs, close to the homestead.
Tent at Digger's Rest - we have a discounted option of a comfy stand up tent for guests who do not want to share. (Usually only offered when all unshared accommodation is taken.)
2023 PRICING is TBA.
Couples taking a DBL bush hut receive a discount of 5% off the TWIN Share Price.
Guests who travelled with us for the first time in 2019 (or since) receive a loyalty discount of 7.5% off the TWIN Share price.
Guests who first travelled with us in 2018 (or earlier) receive a loyalty discount of 10% off the TWIN Share price.
Add a single supplement of $250 if not sharing a room.
Non-Participating Guest Discount
Your friend is welcome to join us and receives a discount of 5% off the Twin Share price. Your Non-participating friend is entitled to everything on the itinerary but they will not be provided with a work space, table, etc, the way other guests are. They'll need to add a single supplement if they are not sharing your room.
#Discounts are not cumulative. Select the best discount that applies to you and nominate it at the time of booking. No Early Bird Discount on this trip.
A deposit of 20% of the tour price and a signed Registration / Waiver Form will confirm your booking. Please read the Terms and Conditions. You're welcome to pay the balance by instalments. Call Rachel on 0428 254 529.
Need Travel advice?
For quotes and advice on flights, accommodation or travel insurance, we use and recommend Carolyn Burgmann at Travel Managers. Email Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her 0459 434 909. We don't take a commission from bookings, we just love her work!
Click here to join our mailing list Type "Jude Scott Workshops" in the subject line and we'll keep you posted.